firstname.lastname@example.org – www.rafaelalvessa.com – github.com/rafaelalvessa
- Five years of Web development.
- Three years of full-stack experience, including Python, Node.js and SQL.
- Experience working solo and with teams in start-ups and medium-sized enterprises.
- Three years of Agile software development.
(2018 - 2020)
Nutmeg, London, UK
- Worked on the migration of parts of a Ruby on Rails app to a React & Redux app.
- Contributed to a design system made of React components, which improved the design, user experience and accessibility of the React apps. JSON tokens were used to enable business-to-business (B2B) customisations, along with visual regression tests to guarantee the visual correctness of all products.
- Wrote unit tests in Jest and Enzyme to maintain the 100% test coverage of the entire codebase, as well as end-to-end tests in Cypress and WebdriverIO.
- Configured Jenkins pipelines to optimise the deployment process and to run the end-to-end tests as part of the process.
(2016 - 2018)
Doctify, London, UK
- Maintained and implemented new features for the AngularJS website and the private intranet in Ember.js.
- Developed new stored procedures for the PostgreSQL database to support new API endpoints and improve its performance.
- Created new endpoints for the REST API in Node.js using Express.
- Became the user interface/experience (UI/UX) lead following the first year of my employment.
- Migrated the AngularJS website to React & Redux with server-side rendering.
- Developed widgets in React, which doctors and clinics could embed on their websites.
(2016 - 2016)
Kapow SMS Communications, London, UK
- Worked on a prototype in Laravel (PHP) with a MySQL database to build a business-to-business (B2B) platform.
- Designed and documented a new architecture for the API, with enhanced security and authentication methods.
- Provided technical support to the sales and finance teams.
(2015 - 2016)
PCTU, Queen Mary University of London, London, UK
- Worked solo on a Web-based database to manage clinical trials and associated resources. The platform was originally developed in Symfony and Doctrine (PHP), but later migrated to Django (Python) with a MySQL database.
- Developed and performed quality control of OpenClinica and REDCap databases.
- Deployed Apache and Tomcat Web servers hosting OpenClinica and REDCap databases.
- MSc Software Engineering, Queen Mary University of London (2015)
- BEng Computer Science, Faculty of Sciences, University of Lisbon (2013)
- Java Course, NHK (2010)
- Front end: AngularJS, CSS, Cypress, Ember.js, HTML, Jest, React, Redux, WebdriverIO
- Back end: Django, Doctrine, Express.js, Flask, Laravel, Node.js, Symfony
- Databases: MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Tools: Git, Linux, tmux, Unix, Vim/Neovim